The Hitchhiker

                                                                   Pastor Charles Hunt


     How is a person to know if someone is telling the truth?  In this day and time, we are told to be on our guard.  If a stranger asks for a ride and you give him one, they may rob you or even take your life.  With God given wisdom, we can make the right decision.  
     Before our last storm, I went to an Exxon station to get gas. At one of the pumps, a young man and woman seemed to be enjoying a lively conversation.  Moments later the man drove away, and the woman walked up to me. She said, “I just lost my job, and I need a ride to Brookshires.  Could you take me?”   
     I cleared my throat.  “Didn’t I give you a ride to the hospital a few months back?”
     “No,” she replied.
     After explaining why I wouldn’t take her, she walked away. I felt bad and changed my mind.  So against my better judgement, I turned around to look for her. She was nowhere to be seen. 


The Hitchhiker 

Who is that hitchhiker on the side of the road?

Have his burdens in life become a heavy load?

Should I give him the ride he seems to want?

Am I being a bad person if I don’t?

Maybe I need to listen to the voice in my head.

Then I’ll know whether to stop or drive on instead.

                                                          Patricia Westbrook


(NIV- Proverbs 2:6) " For the Lord gives wisdom: from His mouth come knowledge and understanding."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Still Loves Me

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song