Land On Your Feet

 

      As we rode down a country road, to my grand-parents farm, my brother, sister, and stepsister chanted, "I double dare you to jump."  Sitting on the tail gate of the pick-up, just to show bravery, I stuck my leg out as far as I could.  They didn't need to know I didn't intend to jump.  At that very moment, the tires on the old truck plunged into a deep hole.  When the vehicle bounced, I flew into the air, did a somersault, and to my surprise landed on my feet.  Immediately, I began to run.  My siblings rushed to the back of the cab and hollered, "Patricia fell out!  Patricia fell out!" 

     Granddad Roy lost his hearing at the age of nine.  Even though he had his hearing aids on, he couldn't hear them.  When he looked in his rearview mirror and saw me running after the truck, he stopped and opened the passenger side door.  I got in expecting to get a good chewing out.  He turned to me and said, "Are you okay?"  I nodded my head yes.  We drove the rest of the way in silence never again to speak of what happened. 

Land On Your Feet

Are you afraid of hitting a bump in the road and not landing on your feet? 

If that's so, just know, God has a plan that's oh so precious and sweet.

He sent Jesus to be born in a manger in the little town of Bethlehem.

 As an adult, He taught about God while twelve disciples followed Him.

Past the age of thirty, He died upon a cross for your sins and mine.

The Bible tells the story of God's plan and his wonderful design.

When you accept the gift of salvation and the love of Jesus, it's a start.

So, no matter how you land in life, there will be peace in your heart.

                                                        Patricia Westbrook

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16, NIV). 

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me (John 14:6, NIV). 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Still Loves Me

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song