The Hole

Dottie, Kathleen, Patricia, and Sharol

          The afternoon sun slowly moved across the Texas sky scorching the sand making it too hot to go barefooted.  So, with shovels in hand, my brother and I set out to dig a swimming pool in grandmother's back yard.  We worked diligently until the hole had the perfect dimensions.  After filling it full of water, we jumped in.  It didn't take long until we resembled two hogs wallowing in a mud hole.  The coolness of it all made us feel as though we had won the battle with the sun. 

The Hole

A country preacher stood in the sun looking into a deep hole.

A boy passed by and asked, "What are you looking for; I'd like to know."

The preacher smiled and said, "When I was young, I got mad one day.

I took my Bible and threw it into this hole of rock and clay.

Even though the Book was gone, I remembered the words I had read.

Day by day I wallowed in sin, but I couldn't get them out of my head.

Life didn't change for me until I asked Jesus into my heart.

Things would have been easier had I believed in Him from the start.

This place is a reminder of how good God has been to me.

I'm so thankful He sent His Precious Son to set me free.

So, I'm here to praise Him as I quietly stand beside this hole.

Thank goodness I did an about face, and He saved this rusty old soul." 

                             Patricia Westbrook    

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only, begotten Son that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16, NKJV).

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."  (Ephesians 2:8-9, NKJV).







  

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Still Loves Me

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song