When Life Gets Tough


     When my friend's marriage started falling apart, she became depressed.  Often, she wouldn't dress for the day.  One afternoon I stopped by her house, and she wore the same robe I had seen many times before. I encouraged her to dress so she would feel better.  She would have none of it.  Instead, she wanted me to join her in a plot to catch her husband. For some reason she thought he was at a motel down the street with a woman he was having an affair with. After putting on a man's hat that reminded me of one my grandfather wore to church on Sunday she said, "I need you to take me there so I can see with my own eyes just what is going on."  With tears in her eyes, she pleaded for several minutes. It broke my heart, so off we went.  When we arrived at the motel, she scooched down in the seat in case someone saw her.  That way all they would see was her eyes, the top of her head and a man's hat. Thank goodness he wasn't there. Months later the marriage ended.  She was crushed, but her story didn't end there.  A few years later, she fell in love and remarried. Before she died, her life had a happy ending.

When Life Gets Tough

What do we do when life gets tough?

Do we hang our head and say that's enough?

We can turn to God and ask for help.

Regardless of what happens a peace can be felt.

So, give your fears to Him and have less strife.

You'll be much happier as you live your life.

                                 Patricia Westbrook

     "For I the Lord your God will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you,' '' (Isaiah 41:13, NKJV).

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Still Loves Me

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song