Committed Beyond the Ring
JT and Pat Westbrook
For months, I had not worn my wedding ring. Since several of the small diamonds had fallen out, I stopped wearing it.
I don't know if my husband knew why I no longer had it on. One afternoon he looked at me and said in a stern voice, "You put a ring back on your finger."
A few days later I attended a wedding shower. When we sat down at the table, I reached for my napkin. Wrapped around it was a plastic wedding ring. Making sure no one noticed, I slipped it into my purse. When I got home, I put it on my ring finger. To my surprise, it fit. I wore that little plastic ring until I could replace it with a real one.
In reality, the ring was only a symbol for the world to know that I was married. I didn't need one to feel committed to my husband.
Committed Beyond the Ring
A Sunday school teacher studied her lesson on a Saturday night.
Normally she felt confident because she had taught it before.
Someone new was in class and she wanted to get it right.
God guided her on what to say so she didn't study anymore.
The next day in class she held her Bible above her head and said,
"God loves you, and this Book tells you how to be committed to Him.
Take time each day to read His Word and treasure what you've read.
By accepting Him into your heart, your light will never grow dim.
People notice how you live and see His light shine through.
Wearing a ring or a cross doesn't tell others who you really are.
It's when you care and show His love they'll see Him in you.
May your life shine brightly for Jesus, like a faithful guiding star."
Patricia Westbrook
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16, NKJV

Comments
Post a Comment