9/11 Tragedy

     Many stories have come out of the horror of 9/11.  Here is mine.
     My one week visit with my sister had come to an end.  On the morning of 9/11, I began my trip back to Texas. She and I got on a ferry to cross Lake Champlain in New York.  It didn't take long to go from Essex New York to Burlington Vermont.  Once we arrived at the airport, I walked to the American Airline desk to get my boarding pass to Boston then on to Texas.
     The lady helping me said, "That's strange."
     "What?" I asked.
     She cleared her throat and continued, "It says here the plane is damaged. I'll have to give you a different boarding pass."
     After she gave it to me, I sat down and waited for the boarding call. It seemed odd when I saw a United Airline plane pull away from the terminal then quickly return.  The passengers left the plane with concerned looks on their faces. One of them explained what little he knew.  It didn't take long before we all knew the evil that had invaded our country.

Wipe Away Your Tears

Sometimes things happen in life we don't understand.

Often, we think God has taken away his hand.

The evil men do is not from above.

All God has for you is His precious love.

Wipe away your tears and know He's in control.

I know this because the bible tells us so.

                                              Patricia Westbrook




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Still Loves Me

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song