Trailer Trash

     

     Often when we moved from town to town, we pulled our three-bedroom, one bath 12 x 60 trailer house to the side of the road in order to check the tires. On one of our moves, while my husband checked things out, the children and I walked up a narrow country road with our dog.  After several minutes, I told the children to head back to the highway so we could continue on our way.  My daughter started down the road toward the trailer and hollered, "Let's go home." Her brothers followed jumping and running as boys will do.
      Many times, we look down on people just because they are not like us.  They may not make as much money, dress the way we do, or even live in as nice a house as we do.  If living in a trailer house made us trailer trash, I'm proud.  For you see those seven years happen to be the happiest years of my life.  It didn't matter what other people thought. As long as we had love and a roof over our head, we called it home.


Home

My home may be different.
It may be large or small.
At least I call it mine
And it's better than none at all.

It changes through the years
As I move from place to place.
There are many reasons to move.
Sometimes I just need the space.

My last home will be special
When I go to heaven above.
I will be with my Savior
Surrounded by His special love.

                     Patricia Westbrook


























Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He Still Loves Me

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song