My Friend

Beth Griffin
  
     It's hard to lose a friend to death.  The grief stings daily deep within the soul.  When my best friend of fifty years went to heaven, I lost the only person that knew all my secrets. She loved me for being me.  When I had a problem and went to her for advice, she knew just what I should do. With her sharp mind and quick wit, she would advise me on what to say if someone hurt my feelings.  Several times I told her I would like to put her in my pocket so she could be there to talk for me. During our friendship, we went through times of visiting in person and times of being phone friends.  The love of friendship lived in both our hearts, and oh how I miss her.

Goodbye My Friend

What fun we had dear friend 
while you walked this earth.

I know you enjoyed your time 
here ever since your birth.

You laughed and cried living
life as best you could.

The hardest part you told me
is living as you should.

You also said, "Forget yesterday,
and look forward to tomorrow.

Walking with God each day 
will get you through any sorrow."

My precious friend you loved God. 
I know from words you spoke.

Your home is now in heaven for
you've broken life's heavy yoke.

                      Goodbye dear friend.
                      I'll see you in heaven.
                                  Patricia Westbrook          



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

He Still Loves Me

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song