A Reason

John and Lee Bell 
Campbell

     Where did I leave the past?  Who knows?  I've tried and tried to retrieve the things I've left behind.  You can't help me with my search. You see I've played, laughed, and cried.  Now it's gone.  It would be nice if I could change some of the things I've done for the better.  I can't.  Wishing so doesn't work. Today the wisdom of age has given me a different perspective.  It's not to say it brings about a great breakthrough.  But with the gift of time, I'm more apt to think about my actions.  Now that I've been blessed with the breath of a long life, I can play harder, laugh at myself, savor each moment, and perhaps use what I've learned. As I go into the future, I can love with compassion holding onto the beauty around me and to the hand of God.



A Reason

I'm not a star that shines at night.

Nor am I a sliver of sun that sparkles in flight.

I'm only a woman all bent and old.

With feet that shuffle and hands so cold.

But God gave me a reason for lasting this long.

It's to tell you he loves you and to sing you this song.

Come little children and you will find rest.

Open your heart to others and you will be blessed.

Read your bible every day.

Listen to God while you pray.

Live your life with hope from above.

And always remember you're surrounded by love.

                                                   Patricia Westbrook



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Still Loves Me

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song