Little Fellow


Photo by Brett Jordan (Unsplash)


     Like a cowboy in the wild, wild west, I pointed my gun at the dirty rat standing before me.  He staggered from side to side.  From his actions, I knew he had gotten into the rat poison we had placed in our out buildings.  In order to put him out of his misery, I shot at him.  Bang! Bang! Bang! I stood in amazement. Not one of the six bullets I shot hit him. As soon as I emptied my gun, he shivered and fell over dead. 



Little Fellow

I'm sorry little fellow.

What else could I do?

You were truly suffering.

It was my fault it's true.

They say you cause diseases

And all kinds of other things.

You had to go,

Or so it seems.

                        Patricia Westbrook




                                       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Still Loves Me

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song