Muddled Mind

    

Patricia and Kathleen

     While driving down US-87 to Lubbock Texas, I had a hard time concentrating on the road because I was listening to my mother.  She said, "At sixteen months you climbed over our fence in the back yard.  We looked everywhere but couldn't find you.  Finally, we walked across the street to a construction site to find out if anyone there had seen you.  When a man making cabinets saw us, he grinned and pointed to you playing in the sand with some blocks of wood.  He commented, 'I knew someone would come looking for her.'  We thanked him and took you home."   

     I turned to look at mother causing the car to swerve a little.  My voice rose in excitement at the discovery I had just made. "Mother! I remember that.  Since dad was a carpenter as a young man, I always thought he took me to work with him.  I've often wondered why I was there by myself, and my sister and brother didn't get to go."

     I calmed down and drove the rest of the way in silence. That's the day I realized some of my memories from the past are not the way things really were. 

Muddled Mind

Since I remember this and that, how am I to know what's true?

Crazy thoughts come and go so just what am I supposed to do?

It's hard to tread among the trails of cobwebs in my head.

Perhaps I shouldn't dwell on so much and forget it all instead.

The Bible tells a story of how to clear my muddled mind.

It's about a carpenter that lived thousands of years back in time.

He died on a cross as a sacrifice for your sins and mine.

One thing is for certain, a better friend I'll never find.

Believing Christ is my Savior has made things so clear.

I can live my life free of unhealthy thoughts and fear.

                              Patricia Westbrook

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You...Trust in the Lord forever." (Isaiah 26:3-4, NKJ).



                                         



  




   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Still Loves Me

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song