I'm Not Alone

Patricia Lawson Westbrook

     When the rodeo came to Killeen, Texas in May of 1953, my friend and I got permission to go.  For some reason when the rodeo ended, I didn't have a ride home.  So, in the dark, I started walking along highway 190.  I enjoyed the walk while thinking about the fun I had.  However, when a car full of men stopped a short way in front of me, I was scared.  Not knowing what to do, I frantically looked around.  That's when I saw a large house across the road.  I walked toward the front door.  When I did, the car drove away.  Thinking back to that time in my life I know I had a Higher Power watching over me.       

     I'm Not Alone

When I walk down a lonely road, I'm not alone.

You can't see my friend walking with me going home.

He's walked with me throughout all these many years.

Often, he comforts me and wipes away my tears.

Jesus died upon a cross for your sins and mine.

After three days, He arose according to God's great design.

Then he sent the Holy Spirit to all of those who believe.

That's the One who walks with me and to whom I cleave.   

                                     Patricia Westbrook

     "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to remembrance all things that I said to you."  (John 14:26, NKJV).


     

ny 


 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Still Loves Me

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song