The Perfect Love


Alan Westbrook

     The voice on the other end of the line said, "Mrs. Westbrook your son has missed a number of days this semester.  I replied, "I'll take care of it."  When I went to talk to him, my other children told me he had been listening on the other phone.  After he hung up, he ran out of the house, jumped into his friend's car, and they sped away. 

      For several days he didn't come home.  During that time my husband and I went to church to get some advice from our pastor. (Who happened to be our neighbor.) When we left his office, it had begun to rain.  So, I waited on the church porch while he went to get the car.  As the rain turned to pea sized hail, I hollered, "It's hail!" I didn't know at the time the sanctuary happened to be full of people. I should have since the parking lot had a lot of cars parked in it. I've often wondered if they thought a crazy woman stood on the porch cussing. 

     With time the events settled down, and our son returned home.  As he grew to be a man, we still had our differences.  Even so, our love for each other was the one thing we each had to cling to. 

The Perfect Love

A child who runs away from home can break a parent's heart.

 God feels the same if we run from Him and has from the start.

Even though our lives may be a mess, He opens His arms wide.

It's an invitation for us to come back home to Him safe inside.

God sent his precious Son to die on a cross for you and me.

After Jesus went to Heaven, for believers, He left a gift for free. 

The Holy Spirit is the greatest treasure one can receive from above.

When you come home to God, just know you possess the perfect love.

                                                                Patricia Westbrook

         "In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins."  (1 John 4:9-10, NKJV).









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Still Loves Me

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song