He Still Loves Me

  

Roy Lynn Westbrook

Shock is the word for what my next to the oldest son revealed to me. He said, "As a teenager, two of my friends spent the night with me. When you and dad went to bed, we decided to go to the liquor store and buy some beer. We drank the beer and decided it wasn't for us. One of the boys threw up on the couch pull out bed. Didn't you wonder why we were washing sheets the next morning? Besides mom, I felt like you would prefer for me to drink my first beer at home." I told him from now on not to tell me things he had done in the past that I would not approve of because I couldn't do anything about it now.

What I would advise parents of today is never underestimate what your children will do while you are sleeping.

He Still Loves Me

God knows my past and yet he still loves me.

He holds my right hand as tight as can be.

He forgave all the bad things I've done,

By the crucifixion of Jesus His Son.

When I accepted Him by faith into my heart,

My life changed with a brand-new start.

People can see a change in my life.

I am blessed and filled with less strife.

Redeemed I was and now set free.

The Holy Spirit lives inside of me.

     Patricia Westbrook

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have every lasting life." (John 3:16, NKJV).









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy in One's Heart

The Marriage Song