Faithful Love
Robert Westbrook
Children are a blessing. They fill the house with laughter, sadness, and anticipation. My four children did that for me.
You may wonder why I included anticipation. You never knew from one day to the next what might happen. Would I need to put a bandage on a cut or soothe hurt feelings. My greatest anticipation came when my youngest started school.
In 1971, that day came. Excited, he rushed out the door, climbed onto the bus and headed to school in Hallsville, Texas. Not wanting to sit alone in a quiet house, I walked to the restaurant in front of our house. While I was drinking coffee, a neighbor sat across from me with a frown. In a sad voice she said, "Your heart will break now that he's gone. You will miss him so much."
Then she wiped an imaginary tear and smiled, "For about thirty minutes."
Her words made me think about how God must feel when His children go their own way. I wondered if our Heavenly Father watches us with the same mixture of love and hope as we make our own choices.
Faithful Love
Did you ever think of God as a parent?
He placed each of us into this wide world.
His faithful love for us is always apparent.
After all, He made each boy and girl.
Like loving parents, He lets us make choices,
Though sometimes we wander far away.
When we come back, all of Heaven rejoices,
And invites us to walk with Him each day.
Patricia Westbrook
"Children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127:3, NKJV

Comments
Post a Comment