Listen Carefully
When my friend gave me a pair he no longer used, I was grateful. They worked perfectly for about a year until one night, I forgot to take them out of my ears before I got into the shower.
Not knowing how to dry them, I asked Google and several people what I should do.
My sister suggested that I put them in the microwave. I thought, "That doesn't make sense to me, but I'll give it a try."
The second I turned it on, a loud popping sound startled me. In a flash I turned the microwave off. It was no surprise that I had ruined my hearing aids.
Later, I found out that I had misunderstood the advice my sister gave. Apparently, I was supposed to put them in a container I have that would dry them.
I now know it's best to understand the advice I've been given before I act. That's especially true when I listen for God's direction.
"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Romans 10:17, NKJV
Listen Carefully
I misunderstood some advice and was wrong.
Being confused, I really didn't know what to do.
In my mind I was haunted by a childhood song.
"God's going to get you for that." Surely that wasn't true.
So I went to my pastor and asked for his advice.
He said, "Do you read your Bible each day?"
I told him I did, ever since Jesus came into my heart.
"My friend," he said, "The Holy Spirit will show you the way.
Continue to read, listen, obey, and faithfully do your part.
Sometimes we hear but don't understand what's being said.
Maybe you've even misunderstood the words in that song.
A little mistake can get out of hand and mess with your head,
Like putting your hearing aids where they don't belong."
Patricia Westbrook
"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth." John 16:13, NKJV

Comments
Post a Comment